Thorntree River Lodge, Cruise and Victoria Falls
3 Nights - Thorntree River Lodge
Set inside the Oa Tunya National Park, Zambia, 12.5km from Livingstone, a few kilometres upstream from the famous Victoria Falls, Thorntree River Lodge known as home of the elephant - offers a riveting bush experience with breathtaking views over the Zambezi River.
Zambia is regarded as the continent's greatest destination with pristine wilderness areas ranging from the mighty Victoria Falls to the popular National Parks of the Luangwa and Zambezi valleys with great adventure activities and game viewing opportunities. Thorntree River Lodge is perfectly positioned in this area with nine secluded, comfortable and spacious suites, all with private en-suite bathrooms and thatched verandas overlooking the Zambezi.Read more...
Rates Include: Return flights from Johannesburg to Livingstone (Zambia), Airport taxes, Return airport transfers from Livingstone airport to Thorntree, Accommodation, All meals, 2 x activities per stay (either a game drive/boat cruise/Visit to the Falls (Zambian side), House wine, Local drinks
Rates Exclude: ZAWA fees of $10 pppd, 10% service fee on beverages and entrance cost to the rainforest at the Victoria Falls, This package is for SA residents and is based on flights departing/ returning on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. There are flights every day to Livingstone on 2 other airlines, however prices may fluctuate according to availability. This Livingstone package is also available without flights.
Airfares and rates quoted are subject to change, without prior notification, due to availability, currency Fluctuations and/or other surcharges deemed necessary by the principal as well as restrictions set out by the carriers and supplier not adhered to on discounted airfares offered.
GENERAL BOOKING INFORMATION
- The above is just a quote, we are not holding any reservations. The quote is based on flights currently available.
- Quote is strictly subject to availability and is based on per person sharing unless otherwise stated.
- Quote is only valid for South African passport holder/South African residents unless otherwise stated
- Please see attached info on the accommodation.
- Please have a look through booking procedure below
- To travel clients require a passport that has at least two blank pages that is valid for 6 months after the return date.
- A child’s rate applies to children of 11 years and under, unless stated. To get an infant fare the child must be under two years at the time of travel.
- Guests should note that they will be travelling to a malaria area and should consult a doctor or travel clinic for suitable malaria medication.
- Travel insurance is not included in the quote and can be arranged on request.
- Visas where required are not included in the rate. Clients are responsible for ensuring they have the necessary visa documents.
- Activities exclude park fees which are payable in cash direct.
- Some of the Zambia activities incur park fees are Zambezi River cruises ($10), Elephant back safari (US$10), White Water Rafting (US$10), Lion Encounter (US$10) etc) Certain lodges within the Mosi oa Tunya National Park (such as Thorntree Lodge and David Livingstone Safari Lodge exclude ZAWA park fees.
- Some Zimbabwe activities that incur park fees are Zambezi River cruises ($10) , white river rafting ($10), canoeing ($10), game drives ($10) These park fees serve as an indication only as they are subject to change.
- In Zambia a 10 % service fee will be levied on any additional meals / beverages which are not included in your package.
- As of the 1st of April 2011 all flights leaving any airports in Zimbabwe will incur a US$ 30 departure tax per person payable direct at the airport.
- We recommend travelling with small denominations of US$, Rands are widely accepted – but we do not suggest this due to exchange rate variances. In Zimbabwe only Visa credit cards are currently accepted but not all lodges have the facility. Credit Cards are however widely accepted in Zambia and Botswana.
- Airfares and rates quoted are subject to change without prior notification, due to availability, currency fluctuations and/or other surcharges deemed necessary by the principal as well as restrictions set out by the carriers and supplier not adhered to on discounted airfares offered.
- Please note, all rates quoted are based on a cash EFT payment method only.
- We will require the full names of the people travelling as the names appear in the passport.
- Once a booking is made by you and the travel details confirmed to us we will send you an invoice with our full details indicated.
- The above quoted flights are in restrictive classes. They require payment for flights within 24 hours of making the booking. This is approximately 50% of the total cost. We cannot guarantee that the same class of fares will be available if payment is made after 24 hours. Please send a proof of payment to your consultant as deposits can take up to 48 hours to reflect on our bank.
- Once flights are paid they are non refundable. Amendments, where permitted by the airline, will incur charges. If you prefer more flexibility a higher class of flight on another airline must be used in which case our standard terms and conditions will apply
- In order to provide our clients with the best rate possible we have not included the costs incurred for payments by any other means other than EFT or direct deposit into our packages. Please note therefore that a 5% booking fee will be levied to cover the additional administration involved in processing card payments.
- Final payment is required a month prior to travel.
- When full payment has been made we will send your e-tickets & travel vouchers to you.