Letaba rest camp, the "river of sand" is one of the Kruger Park’s premium lush, green getaways, shaded under the gaze of the area’s prominent sycamore fig tree. The tone of this camp is comprised of the impressions of its gorgeous setting, the vibrant plant and animal populations of the area lending it a lively, colourful tone.
Accommodation at the camp is facilitated in a series of sixty tent sites, complete with electricity points and communal ablution and cooking facilities, as well as electric hotplates and washing up facilities. Furthermore, three-bed huts are available, with fridges, fans and air conditioners, and perimeter or river views; elevated two-bed and four-bed safari tents are offered, all permanent units, with fridges, standing fans and verandas. A further eighty thatch African style bungalows are available, each unit equipped with en-suite bathroom units, air-conditioning or fans, and kitchenettes.
Guest cottages have en-suite and separate bathrooms in each unit, air conditioning and ceiling fans, outdoor braai (barbecue) facilities and kitchens. Finally, the guest houses offered are luxury units, occupying prime locations for guests, with riverside views, microwave ovens and limited-channel DSTV televisions. Melville guest house sleeps nine people. Fish Eagle guest house sleeps eight, and has its own bird hide.
Activities at the camp take the form of guided bush walks and game drives, conducted and supervised by a team of informative and helpful professional field guides. Guests are asked to take note that children younger than the age of six are not permitted on game drives, and children under the age of twelve will be restricted from game walks. The Olifants Wilderness Trail is the camp’s prebooked overnight activity, and should be signed-up-for up to eleven months in advance.
Larger mammals, such as elephant, waterbuck and buffalo, lion and cheetah, as well as the less impressive tree squirrel and vervet monkey can all be seen during a star at Letaba Camp.
Information at Reception
Laundromat (in camp)
Filling Station (cash and garage cards only)
Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
Basic First Aid Assistance
Day Visitors Picnic Area on perimeter of camp with own swimming pool
DSTV (limited channels) only available in Guest Houses
Cell phone reception
• 60 x tent or caravan sites, with power point. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities. (24-hour boiling water, electric hotplates and washing up facilities) Maximum of 6 persons per site.
• 5 x rustic 3-bed units with communal ablution facilities. There are no cooking utensils, crockery or cutlery, but a communal kitchen (located at the old picnic spot) with sink and electric stoves is available. Also equipped with fridge, fan and air conditioner. Moreover you have a choice of perimeter or river view units. Please confirm when booking.
• 10 x 2-bed and 10 x 4-bed permanent furnished canvas tents on stilts, including a fridge, standing fan inside tent and small veranda. Communal ablutions and communal kitchens available.
• 86 x round–walled, single–room African style units with thatched roofs, 2 or 3 beds per unit, equipped with en–suite ablutions (most with showers, but some with baths). All units have air–conditioning, some have fans. Kitchenettes vary: some have hotplates and sinks; some have only sinks, while some have neither. Cutlery and crockery can be provided and hired from reception. More over you have a choice of with or without perimeter or riverside view. Please confirm when booking.
• 10 x 6-bed units (2 single beds in each bedroom), equipped with two bathrooms (one en-suite), air-conditioning (only in the bedrooms), lounge/dining area (with ceiling fan), large veranda and outside braai. The open plan kitchen has a four plate gas stove with oven, fridge/freezer combination, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery and 6-seater dining room/lounge.
• These are large luxury units in prime positions inside the camp, with riverside view. There are well-equipped kitchens (with microwave ovens) and multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV televisions are provided.
Melville: Sleeps 9, with 3 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room) and an additional single bed on the enclosed veranda.
Fish Eagle: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room) and has an exclusive bird hide